No matter how beautiful the architecture of your house, it may fail to look appealing if the wrong color scheme is used on the exterior. To bring out the best features of your home, the colors of your siding and trim should go well together.
Choose the right color combination for your siding and trim with these five helpful tips.
- Use a vibrant complementary color to accent your front door. This will help make your home stand out without going overboard on your exterior colors. And if you ever get tired of the color, it’s easy to change the paint.
- Choose black for your trim to create a dramatic appeal to your home’s exterior. It will help highlight some of your home’s best features and maintain a classic appearance.
- Paint the shutters the same color as the trim of your windows. This will create a nice balance that will keep the colors of your home from becoming overwhelming.
- Ensure your color palette suits your home’s architectural style. Some colors tend to suit specific architectural styles, so this can help narrow down your options. For example, Craftsman homes usually look good in rugged, earthy tones like olive greens, deep reds and rich browns. Victorian homes can use more playful colors, so feel free to select bold color combinations.
- Keep your options open and try to experiment with color combinations out of your comfort zone. Some suggestions from your contractor may not seem like a popular choice, but before dismissing them, try to envision your home in those shades. You might be surprised at how well everything comes together.
For any of your siding needs, Patriot Roofing LLC has got you covered. Allow us to transform your home and give it an appealing look. Call us at (405) 217-0473 or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment.