Whether you need your siding repaired or replaced, it is best to leave the job to the professionals. That’s why finding a contractor that can meet or even exceed your expectations and provide quality workmanship is critical to the success of your project.
You must vet your contractor to ensure that they are qualified to do the work required. You can ask them the following questions in addition to checking their basic qualifications:
1. “Can you provide a certificate of insurance?” You should always ask your potential contractor this question. Check if they carry both general liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance to protect your home and property as well as the installers working at your home from damage or injury.
2. “Are you licensed to work in my state?” Make sure your prospective siding contractor has this particular credential because it proves that they have met standards set by the city, county or state government. Plus, they know about the local building codes in your area.
3. “Where is your office located?” Aside from the aforementioned questions, make sure to inquire about your prospect’s exact address. If they live within your local area, it’s a good clue that you’re not dealing with someone from out of state, which will help to ensure that your siding repair or replacement is completed without any hassles.
3. “Do you have a list of references?” Asking for references is one of the effective ways to know if a siding contractor is worth your business and time. If possible, ask for the names of the clients from their last five projects. Contact each one and ask about their experiences with the contractor. Through their answers, you can determine if the company is consistently providing top-notch services.
4. “How long have you been in business?” Take the time to inquire about the length of time your contractor has been in business. The more years they’ve been in the home improvement industry, the more experience they have gained. This means it is likely that they’ll be able to meet your siding requirements precisely.
6. “How long will it take to finish the project?” Keep in mind that your prospective contractor should be able to efficiently complete your project from beginning to end. Depending on what needs to be done, a contractor should present a time line as well as a finish date.
7. “What’s your procedure for the removal of old siding?” This is vital for your safety and comfort when installing siding. To collect debris from the siding installation, a professional contractor would bring a bin to park by the roadside (not on your driveway or yard). You won’t see a single nail on your walkway after they remove the bin. Nothing less will do.
Count on Patriot Roofing LLC and its team of siding installers to provide nothing but the best in siding products and workmanship. You can reach us at (405) 217-0473 or fill out our convenient contact form for a free estimate. We serve Moore, OK, and the nearby areas.