There are so many different roof repair and installation companies out there and each of them will present their roofing estimates and quotes differently. Some contractors can give you a rough handwritten copy while others can give you an official-looking one complete with a professional letterhead.
These differences can make comparing estimates a little challenging. Luckily, however different these documents are, there are a few parts that should always be included and these items are the ones you need to keep an eye out for. Here are the most important parts of a roofing estimate according to our experienced roofers at Patriot Roofing LLC.
Quotes Versus Estimates
First, it’s important to understand the difference between a roofing quote and a roofing estimate. Estimates are, as its name suggests, an estimate of how much your project will cost. This number can go up or down depending on any changes you make with your contractor. On the other hand, a quote is a more accurate projection of costs, detailing everything involved with the project. Moreover, quotes become a contract when they are signed by both parties.
What Estimates Should Include
Estimates should provide information in detail of the following aspects of your roof installation.
- Starting and finishing dates.
- A full list of materials needed for the project.
- The cost of labor to install or replace the roof.
- Other auxiliary parts to be installed with your roof (e.g. flashing, gutter installation, ridge and soffit vents, etc.).
- Proof of liability insurance and bond as required by the state.
What Quotes Should Include
In addition to the above details, quotes also include the following information.
- Payment terms, detailing specifics such as down payments, progress payments and a provision granting you hold of the final payment until the roof is fully installed.
- Any changes you make to the project. This should be signed by both you and your contractor.
- A lien release to protect you from any potential liabilities.
- A termination clause explaining how or why this contract may be nullified.
At Patriot Roofing LLC, we are your leading provider of roof repair, installation and maintenance services. Give us a call at (405) 217-0473 or fill out our contact form and request a free estimate today. We serve homeowners in Midwest City, and other surrounding areas in OK.