In the wake of a storm, you need to assess just how much damage your roof has sustained. In this post, your trusted roof and gutter installation experts share some do’s and don’ts to take note of.
The Do’s When Your Roof Has Storm Damage
- One of the first things you should do is to call your insurance agent. You need to consult them and see how much damage will be covered by your insurance policy. You’ll probably need all the information about the policy so you’ll have a clear idea on what is and isn’t covered. Keep in mind that insurance claims can possibly get mired in policy language, especially for commercial claims. It’s important to know what you’re getting into.
- You can try to assess the roof damage by yourself, but if the damage is too much and you’re not sure how much can be covered by your insurance and how much you need to pay, consult an independent roofing inspector. They can conduct a thorough inspection of your roof and give an honest assessment on what exactly needs to be done.
- As much as possible, get the repairs done immediately. You can allow the claims process to take its course, but if the damage is as intense as an active water intrusion occurring on your home, you need to act fast and hire your most trusted roofing contractor to make the emergency repairs. Any more damage can weaken the structure of your entire home, which can lead to even more costly repairs.
The Don’ts When Your Roof Has Storm Damage
- If your roof is visibly sagging or severely damaged, don’t attempt to climb it yourself. A sagging roof is a clear sign that the structure is unstable, so it’s best to stay safe and leave the inspection to a professional roofing inspector or contractor.
- If you find it a bit odd that right after a storm someone suddenly shows up on your doorstep and offers to repair your roof at a price that’s too good to be true, don’t believe that it is. These people are called “storm chasers” who travel and chase storms so they can get to the areas where immediate repairs are needed. They’re not to be trusted with, especially since they only put quick profit above all else, which often doesn’t equate to doing a good job.
When it comes to roof repair and replacement, you can count on the services offered by Patriot Roofing LLC. We can properly get the job done so you can be confident that your roof will be professionally restored. Call us today at (405) 996-6787 for more information. You can also reach us online through our request form. We look forward to serving your roofing and gutter needs in Midwest City and surrounding OK areas.