Low-slope roofing provides durable and affordable solutions for commercial and residential properties. If you recently had one installed by a roof contractor, the right maintenance ensures longevity and avoids major repairs. By properly maintaining a low-slope roofing system, building owners can greatly impact its service life, reliability and performance.
Here’s some advice about the basic do’s and don’ts of low-slope roofing maintenance from Patriot Roofing LLC.
- Clear Any Debris – A healthy flat roofing system is always clean. If your property is surrounded by tall trees, keep an eye on fallen leaves. Remove dead foliage from the rooftop upon sight, as it attracts moisture.
- Be Wary of Too Much Load – Like new decks, new roofs are built with a maximum weight capacity in mind. Exceeding that could result in collapse. It is imperative to get rid of any snow buildup because of its potentially tremendous heft.
- Inspect Your Roof Regularly – Since your roof has low slope, there is a tendency for water to pool even with a good drainage system. Pooled water can rot the roofing materials underneath and add some extra weight. For this reason, it is important that you check your roof for ponding often.
- Let the Nearby Trees Get Overgrown – Roof repair companies recommend that you keep branches back about six feet to prevent them from falling on your flat roof. Large branches can puncture your roof and cause structural damage while smaller twigs and leaves can clog your drains and cause water to collect on your roof.
- Ignore Ice and Snow Buildup – During the winter, be sure to clear away any snow and ice build-up. Snow in the center of your roof can melt and refreeze around the perimeter, causing it to block the drains when the weather turns cold again.
- Take Pooling Water for Granted – Ponding is indicative of a clogged drainage system. Address this problem with a sense of urgency, for having an overnight pool at your rooftop could put a lot of stress on your flat roof.
Don’t let catastrophe strike! Let the seasoned professionals at Patriot Roofing LLC provide you with the right solutions for existing roofing issues, as well as expert guidance on roof replacement, maintenance and gutter installation.
Count on Patriot Roofing LLC for the roofing solutions you need. Call us at (405) 289-8807 or fill out our online contact request form to request service. We serve clients in Moore, OK.