A severe storm can wreak havoc on your home’s exteriors, leaving significant damage. While the aftermath of such an unfortunate situation can be stressful, there are specific steps you can take toward filing a claim for storm damage repairs with your insurance provider. Patriot Roofing LLC, your leading siding and gutter installation company, shares a quick guide.
1. Perform an inspection. Once the weather clears, examine your home’s siding for signs of cracks, splits and chips. If it was a hailstorm that hit your area, check for holes and gaps. Address these concerns quickly to safeguard your home from the elements. Remember that damaged siding can reduce interior comfort and potentially raise energy expenditures.
2. Hire a siding contractor. When it comes to dealing with storm-damaged siding, you need to hire a competent residential siding contractor to work on repairs and replacements. You will save time and money in the future by taking care of repairs in a timely manner.
3. Look for matching siding panels. Replacing damaged siding panels requires new materials that match the current siding. This may not be easy to pull off, especially if your siding was installed years ago. Occasionally, the same type of siding is no longer available from the manufacturer. If this is the case, you might consider having your entire house’s siding replaced. However, your insurance company may not cover all of the project’s labor or materials.
4. Know your insurance policy’s coverage. Make sure you understand your insurance policy. Many plans offer an endorsement that allows you to live in your home even if only one side is damaged. Supplemental claims may also cover costs.
5. File a claim right away. It’s a good idea to contact a reputable contractor before making an insurance claim. Allow the contractor to inspect the damage and provide you with an estimate. This will give you an idea of the potential repair or replacement costs and assist you in obtaining a fair settlement from your insurer.
Patriot Roofing LLC is a locally owned and operated roofing and siding company. We guarantee top-notch quality on every task and provide nothing but the best in customer service. Call (405) 217-0473 or fill out our contact form to request a free quote. We serve customers in Moore, OK, and nearby areas.